Clients are referred by word of mouth, G.P.s, psychiatrists, community health & medical services, drug and alcohol services, dietitians, eating disorder support services or other health professionals. However, formal referrals are not required and self referrals are most welcome.
(I am not registered with SIRA and no longer accept Workers Compensation or Victims Services referrals)
I work by appointment only and clients must be motivated, willing and able to initiate and participate in their therapy/counselling. It is not something that is done to you that will magically make you feel better, change your behaviour or solve your problems. You are not a passive recipient in therapy/counselling. It is helpful and effective when you participate collaboratively and you will usually need to do homework too. It is a bit like consulting a personal trainer to improve your physical fitness. The trainer has knowledge and skills and can help you but you have to engage and do the work to get results.
Appointments are available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 am – 7.30 pm inclusive.
I am committed to providing high quality, ethical therapy & counselling. Therefore, I do not offer appointments to individuals who are not motivated, willing and able to participate in their therapy/counselling OR when I don’t have the expertise, capacity or resources to meet their needs.
The cost of a 55 minute consultation is $190.00. This is substantially less than the current Australian Psychological Society recommended fee of $254.00 for a 46-60 minute consultation. Fees are not negotiable and must be paid in full at the time of the consultation. I do not bulk bill.
Cancellation Policy: When you make an appointment you are reserving my time. If you cancel with less than 24 business hours notice (Monday appointments must be cancelled during business hours on the previous Friday) or fail to attend without notice I am unable to offer my time to another client. Therefore, you will be charged for the full cost of the consultation and further appointments will not be available until the cancellation fee is paid. The cancellation policy also helps to provide a strong therapeutic frame that encourages you to value and commit to your therapy, meaning that it is more likely to be effective.
- Clients with appropriate Private Health Insurance may claim rebates. Check with your Fund.
- I am registered with the Health Insurance Commission (HIC) to provide Medicare-rebated:
1) Clinical Psychology Services to individuals with an assessed “mental disorder”, referred by a psychiatrist or general practitioner with a valid Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP) (rebate = $126.50 per consultation for up to 10 consultations per calendar year). Clients must provide the correct referral documentation from the referrer and a current Medicare card at the first consultation. The following mental health problems are valid reasons for referral according to Medicare: alcohol use disorder, anxiety disorders, adjustment disorder, attention deficit disorder, bereavement disorder, bipolar disorder, depression, drug use disorders, eating disorders, mixed anxiety and depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, phobic disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, sleep problems. Relationship therapy for couples is not a valid reason for referral under a Mental Health Treatment Plan according to Medicare and not accepted.
Eating Disorders From November 2019, individuals referred for treatment of eating disorders will be able to claim a Medicare rebate for up to 40 consultations per calendar year (and 20 consultations with a dietitian).
2) Non-directive Pregnancy Support Counselling to help women explore concerns about a current or recent pregnancy (rebate = $62.20 per session for a total of 3 sessions).
3) Psychology Services for patients with a chronic medical condition and complex care needs (up to 5 consultations per calendar year).
*Please note Medicare rebates can only be claimed when valid referral documentation and Medicare card is provided to me at the initial consultation and updated when required. Rebates are not claimable on cancellation fees. Private Health Insurance and Medicare rebates cannot be claimed simultaneously.