Clients are referred by word of mouth, G.P.s, psychiatrists, community health & medical services, drug and alcohol services, dietitians, eating disorder support services or other health professionals. However, formal referrals are not required and self referrals are most welcome.
(I no longer accept Workers Compensation or Victims Services referrals)
I work by appointment only and clients must be motivated, willing and able to initiate and participate in their therapy/counselling. It is not something that is done to you that will magically make you feel better, change your behaviour or solve your problems. You are not a passive recipient in therapy/counselling. It is helpful and effective when you participate collaboratively and you will usually need to do homework too. It is a bit like consulting a personal trainer to improve your physical fitness. The trainer has knowledge and skills and can help you but you have to participate and do the work to get results.
Appointments are available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 am – 7.30 pm inclusive.
I am committed to providing high quality, ethical therapy & counselling. Therefore, I do not offer appointments to individuals who are not motivated, willing and able to participate in their therapy/counselling OR when I don’t have the expertise, capacity or resources to meet their needs.
The cost of a 50 minute consultation is $200.00. If you have a referral with a Mental Health Treatment Plan or Eating Disorder Plan you can claim a Medicare rebate of $128.40 per consultation (see below), so the the gap is $71.60. The fee is substantially less than the current Australian Psychological Society recommended fee of $260.00. Fees are not negotiable and must be paid in full at the time of the consultation. I provide an invoice on receipt of payment, via email.
Cancellation Policy: When you make an appointment my time is reserved for you. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend without notice I am unable to offer my time to someone else. Therefore, you will be charged for the full cost of the consultation and further appointments will not be available until the cancellation fee is paid. The cancellation policy also helps to provide a strong therapeutic frame that encourages you to value and commit to your therapy, meaning that it is more likely to be effective.
- Clients who are covered for Psychology with Private Health Insurance may claim rebates. Check with your Fund. These rebates can not be claimed at the same time as Medicare rebates.
- Medicare: I am registered with the Health Insurance Commission (HIC) to provide Medicare-rebated Clinical Psychology Services for individuals referred by their GP or psychiatrist with:
1) Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP)- for an assessed mental disorder. Rebate = $128.40 per consultation for up to 20 per calendar year. GP reviews and re-referrals are required after 6 and 10 consultations to continue therapy. Clients must provide a valid referral letter (the MHTP template is not a valid referral on its own), and a current Medicare card at the first consultation. The following mental health problems are valid reasons for referral according to Medicare: alcohol use disorder, anxiety disorders, adjustment disorder, attention deficit disorder, bereavement disorder, bipolar disorder, depression, drug use disorders, eating disorders, mixed anxiety and depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, phobic disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, sleep problems. (Referrals for relationship therapy or stress/anger management under a MHTP are not valid reasons for referral according to Medicare.)
2) Eating Disorder Plan (EDP) for adults with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder or other specified feeding or eating disorder/eating disorder not otherwise specified (OSFED/EDNOS). Rebate = $128.40 for up to 40 sessions per calendar year. GP reviews and re-referrals are required after each 10 consultations. A review with a psychiatrist is also required after 20 consultations. Clients must provide a valid referral letter (the EDP template is not a valid referral on its own), and a current Medicare card at the first consultation. An Eating Disorder Plan (EDP) also entitles you to up to 20 sessions with a dietitian who I can liaise with. This allows for necessary multidimensional treatment and promotes a more effective treatment outcome.
3) Non-directive Pregnancy Support Counselling to help women explore concerns about a current or recent pregnancy (rebate = $62.20 per session for a total of 3 sessions).
4) Psychology Services for patients with a chronic medical condition and complex care needs (up to 5 consultations per calendar year). *Please note Medicare rebates can only be claimed when valid referral documentation and Medicare card is provided to me at the initial consultation and updated when required. Rebates are not claimable on cancellation fees. Private Health Insurance and Medicare rebates cannot be claimed simultaneously.